Modelul functional/ cronologic de CV poate fi foarte eficient in a prezenta abilitati si reusite specifice carierei pe care ati ales-o. De exemplu, daca aplicati la un post in domeniuljurnalismului, puteti intitulao sectiune din CV „Experienta in Jurnalism”. In aceasta sectiune veti lista in ordine invers cronologica atat experienta platita cat si cea neplatita prin intermediul careia v-ati dezvoltat abilitatile in domeniul acesta. O intrare in aceasta sectiune poate fi „Editor, nume publicatie- responsabilitati”
Tipul de CV functional este foarte eficient pentru persoanele care au o oarecare experienta si sunt interesate in a-si schimba locul de munca.
school address: home address:
353 Leverett Mail Center 8712 Southwest Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138-6034 Philadelphia, PA 19115
(617) 493-1808 (215) 585-8122
A.B. with honors expected in History and Economics in 2003. Named Winthrop Scholar for
“outstanding qualities of leadership, as expressed by academic excellence, great athletic ability and
performance, or extraordinary gifts in entrepreneurship, music, or the arts.”
* Assistant Manager of HSA Cleaners, an agency with annual revenue of $300,000
and profits of $90,000. Supervised all activities required to run a linen/laundry/dry
cleaning business including: inventory control, sales, distribution, customer service,
budgeting and accounting, advertising, quality control evaluation and implementation,
contract negotiation, and interviewing, hiring, and training a staff of 10
* Intern for Strategic Capital Resources. Conducted market and tax code research. Identified and
maintained personal contact with potential clients. Provided general assistance in writing
business plans and offering memoranda. Assisted in the process of preparing businesses for
expansion phases prior to initial public offerings.
ORGANIZATIONAL TEAM BUILDING
* Forged positive and productive liaison between management and personnel at HSA
* As a leader in the Freshman Outdoor Program, underwent extensive group
dynamics training to assist in creating a cohesive bond among 8 incoming
freshmen while leading a weeklong wilderness backpacking trip.
* Trained in leadership skills with Navy Reserve Officer Training Corps. Led NROTC
human resources committee.
* As a Senior Leader in Boy Scouts of America, planned and executed weekly
meetings, weekend outings, and training workshops for 4 years. Trained, evaluated, and
counseled over 100 younger scouts.
* Earned the rank of Eagle Scout. Took command of 3 major community service projects.
Coordinated with local organizations to raise funding and supplies. Planned project and
supervised volunteers. Built erosion control system at C&O Canal National Historical
Park as Eagle project.
* Proficient in use of Quattro and Excel spreadsheets, WordPerfect and Microsoft
Word word processing, Mac Draw graphics, and Platinum and Paradox databases.
* Provided professional service to top scientists by producing timely data analyses
and graphic displays for Department of Defense physics laboratory. Co-authored report for
use at the Pentagon.
Strategic Capital Resources, Boston, MA (9/2000-present)
Harvard Student Agencies, Harvard University (2/2000-2/2001)
Assistant Manager of Linen
Career Orientation and Training for Midshipmen, Norfolk, VA (summer 2000)
NROTC summer service obligation
David Taylor Research Center, Carderock, MD (summer 1999)
Research Assistant/Data Analyst/Department of Defense Report Co-Author
Extracurricular Interests: play forward for Harvard Rugby Football Club; enjoy playing
guitar and song writing; attend Harvard Memorial Church; enjoy backpacking and hiking.